Pages

Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Temptations!

I should not start this out with the Temptations, but it is the reason we drove all the way to the Marin County Fair yesterday. The place was packed, but we found one of four last parking spots on a side lot near the entrance, and were in time to see and hear the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, which played things such as Lecuona's Siboney... then we walked around, looked at some of the exhibits on the building and maintaining of the Golden Gate Bridge, and heard yet another concert, this time by a new folk group called Spark and Whisper, http://www.sparkandwhisper.com/, which I was quite impressed by... good playing and wonderful songs, and one of them from Jersey (I do consider myself a New Jersey girl by way of La Habana...).

When we finally made our way back to the Play Fair Pavilion it was packed, so we stood on the side, and watched the Temptations, with original founding member Otis Williams. It was a trip back in time, with classics such as My Girl, Smokey Robinson's The Way You Do the Things You Do... and the audience, myself included, singing and dancing along. I have to say, had I only stood for an hour and a half I would not have been able to do it, but I can dance my way out of anything...

The tickets were a gift from Jim's daughter Joan, who always wins radio call shows... This time her win included the latest season of The Closer...

But the Temptations! For free! And so much more, with My Guy!!!!!

We came home to eat some more of a weird concoction I had made for lunch, with brown rice and chicken, onions, garlic, red bell peppers, overripe tomatoes small plums and eggplant, and tiny blue potatoes. It was delicious, even if the cook says so herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment