Pages

Popular Posts

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The wedding/la boda

What we wanted: a simple family wedding with a few friends... Bastille Day which is meaningful to us both... and that is what happened. Here are some pictures:

It was on a weekday, at noon, and we had some friends and family, and poetry and song. Jim recited Burn's My luv's like a red red rose:


I recited, en español and English, el soneto 17 de Pablo Neruda:



And then Alessandro played Bach's Bourrée, and then I played and sang Razón de vivir:


I should not have worn makeup, which I never do... I blubbered the way people do and was embarrassed, but finally, we were James and Silvia Forsyth, as well as James and Silvia Brandon Pérez:

That evening we went to the Symphony and heard Chris Botti make magic with his trumpet, and then we stayed at the Whitcomb Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment